CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Demo Questions
Here you can find CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) exam sample questions which will help you to prepare for your upcoming certification test. These questions will give you an idea of what to expect on the exam and help you review the CAS-004 study material. Be sure to go over the Free CAS-004 questions multiple times so that you are confident and comfortable with the material. You can always go to the full CAS-004 dumps here.
These CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification questions are designed to give you a feel for the material you'll be tested on. They cover a wide range of topics, so you can get a sense of what to expect on examination day.
These CAS-004 dumps are updated regularly, so you can be confident that you're studying with the most up-to-date information available. We also provide answer keys so that students can check their work.
Additionally, going through CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) practice questions can help you identify any areas where you need more review. Taking advantage of our CAS-004 demo questions is a great way to set yourself up for success on the real thing.
These CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) questions cover the material that will be on the test, and provide an opportunity for students to practice their skills. The questions are designed to be similar to those that will be on the actual CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) exam, so that students can get a feel for what they will be facing. We believe that by providing these demo questions, students will be better prepared and more likely to succeed on their exams.
Good luck for the CAS-004 exam!
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Sample Questions:
1. An organization is implementing a new identity and access management architecture with the following objectives: Supporting MFA against on-premises infrastructure Improving the user experience by integrating with SaaS applications Applying risk-based policies based on location Performing just-in-time provisioning Which of the following authentication protocols should the organization implement to support these requirements?
A. Kerberos and TACACS
B. SAML and RADIUS
C. OAuth and OpenID
D. OTP and 802.1X
2. A high-severity vulnerability was found on a web application and introduced to the enterprise. The vulnerability could allow an unauthorized user to utilize an open-source library to view privileged user information. The enterprise is unwilling to accept the risk, but the developers cannot fix the issue right away. Which of the following should be implemented to reduce the risk to an acceptable level until the issue can be fixed?
A. Scan the code with a static code analyzer, change privileged user passwords, and provide security training.
B. Change privileged usernames, review the OS logs, and deploy hardware tokens.
C. Implement MFA, review the application logs, and deploy a WAF.
D. Deploy a VPN, configure an official open-source library repository, and perform a full application review for vulnerabilities.
3. A security analyst receives an alert from the SIEM regarding unusual activity on an authorized public SSH jump server. To further investigate, the analyst pulls the event logs directly from /var/log/auth.log: graphic.ssh_auth_log. Which of the following actions would BEST address the potential risks by the activity in the logs?
A. Alerting the misconfigured service account password
B. Modifying the AllowUsers configuration directive
C. Restricting external port 22 access
D. Implementing host-key preferences
4. A financial services company wants to migrate its email services from on-premises servers to a cloud-based email solution. The Chief information Security Officer (CISO) must brief board of directors on the potential security concerns related to this migration. The board is concerned about the following. * Transactions being required by unauthorized individual * Complete discretion regarding client names, account numbers, and investment information. * Malicious attacker using email to distribute malware and ransom ware. * Exfiltration of sensitivity company information. The cloud-based email solution will provide an6-malware, reputation-based scanning, signature-based scanning, and sandboxing. Which of the following is the BEST option to resolve the board’s concerns for this email migration?
A. Data loss prevention
B. Endpoint detection response
C. SSL VPN
D. Application whitelisting
5. A company is looking for a solution to hide data stored in databases. The solution must meet the following requirements: Be efficient at protecting the production environment Not require any change to the application Act at the presentation layer Which of the following techniques should be used?
D. Random substitution
6. The Chief information Officer (CIO) of a large bank, which uses multiple third-party organizations to deliver a service, is concerned about the handling and security of customer data by the parties. Which of the following should be implemented to BEST manage the risk?
A. Establish a review committee that assesses the importance of suppliers and ranks them according to contract renewals. At the time of contract renewal, incorporate designs and operational controls into the contracts and a right-to-audit clause. Regularly assess the supplier’s post-contract renewal with a dedicated risk management team.
B. Establish a team using members from first line risk, the business unit, and vendor management to assess only design security controls of all suppliers. Store findings from the reviews in a database for all other business units and risk teams to reference.
C. Establish an audit program that regularly reviews all suppliers regardless of the data they access, how they access the data, and the type of data, Review all design and operational controls based on best practice standard and report the finding back to upper management.
D. Establish a governance program that rates suppliers based on their access to data, the type of data, and how they access the data Assign key controls that are reviewed and managed based on the supplier’s rating. Report finding units that rely on the suppliers and the various risk teams.
7. In preparation for the holiday season, a company redesigned the system that manages retail sales and moved it to a cloud service provider. The new infrastructure did not meet the company’s availability requirements. During a postmortem analysis, the following issues were highlighted:
1. International users reported latency when images on the web page were initially loading.
2. During times of report processing, users reported issues with inventory when attempting to place orders.
3. Despite the fact that ten new API servers were added, the load across servers was heavy at peak times.
Which of the following infrastructure design changes would be BEST for the organization to implement to avoid these issues in the future?
A. Serve static content via distributed CDNs, create a read replica of the central database and pull reports from there, and auto-scale API servers based on performance.
B. Increase the bandwidth for the server that delivers images, use a CDN, change the database to a non-relational database, and split the ten API servers across two load balancers.
C. Serve images from an object storage bucket with infrequent read times, replicate the database across different regions, and dynamically create API servers based on load.
D. Serve static-content object storage across different regions, increase the instance size on the managed relational database, and distribute the ten API servers across multiple regions.
8. An organization’s hunt team thinks a persistent threats exists and already has a foothold in the enterprise network. Which of the following techniques would be BEST for the hunt team to use to entice the adversary to uncover malicious activity?
A. Deploy a SOAR tool.
B. Modify user password history and length requirements.
C. Apply new isolation and segmentation schemes.
D. Implement decoy files on adjacent hosts.
9. A pharmaceutical company recently experienced a security breach within its web portal. The attackers performed a SQL attack and exported tables from customer-facing injection the company’s managed database, exposing customer information. The company hosts the application with a CSP utilizing the IaaS model. Which of the following parties is ultimately responsible for the breach?
A. The pharmaceutical company
B. The cloud software provider
C. The web portal software vendor
D. The database software vendor
10. A SOC analyst is reviewing malicious activity on an external, exposed web server. During the investigation, the analyst determines specific traffic is not being logged, and there is no visibility from the WAF for the web application. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
A. The user agent client is not compatible with the WAF.
B. A certificate on the WAF is expired.
C. HTTP traffic is not forwarding to HTTPS to decrypt.
D. Old, vulnerable cipher suites are still being used.