Identify, describe, and apply foundational networking architectures and technologies.
- Describe and explain the OSI Model.
- Describe and explain the most common layer media (Layer 1).
- Describe the basics of Layer 2 Ethernet, including broadcast domains and ARP messages.
- Interpret an IP routing table and explain default routes, static routing, and dynamic routing, including OSPF.
- Define and recognize the purpose and interaction of Layer 4 (Transport) protocols in an IP network.
- Identify and describe multicast traffic and its purpose on a network.
- Identify the role of TFTP, SFTP, FTP, Telnet, and SNMPv2 in managing Aruba network devices and how to apply the appropriate security for these features
- Identify and describe the concept of QoS and explain its significance in converged networks.
- Describe and explain basic network security setup on Aruba switches.
- Describe Layer 2 redundancy technologies such as STP/RSTP/MSTP and VSF, including their benefits.
- Describe and apply link aggregation.
- Identify, describe, and explain VLANs
- Describe network management.
- Describe the concepts of server-related networking (NIC and CNA).
Identify, describe, and differentiate the functions and features of Aruba products and solutions.
- Identify basic features and management options for Aruba wired products
- Compare and contrast Aruba Networking solutions and features and identify the appropriate product for an environment
- Identify which Aruba Networking products should be positioned given various customer environments and infrastructure needs (include the criteria needed to make such a recommendation).
- Identify and describe available toolsets for managing Aruba Networking products (CLI-based, web, scripted, SNMP, NetEdit, mobile app, and API).
Install, configure, set up, and validate Aruba solutions.
- Perform an environmental survey for site readiness.
- Configure basic features on Aruba switches, including initial settings and management access.
- Configure Aruba switches with Layer 2 technologies such as RSTP/MSPT, link aggregation, VLANs, LLDP, and device profiles.
- Configure basic IP routing with static routes or OSPF on Aruba switches.
- Configure the management software and manage configuration files on Aruba switches. Manage the software and configuration files on Aruba switches; NetEdit
- Validate the installed solution via debug technology, logging, and show commands.
Tune, optimize, and upgrade Aruba solutions.
- Optimize layer 2 and layer 3 infrastructures via broadcast domain reduction, VLANs, and VSF.
- Manage network assets using Aruba tools.
- Verify L3 routing tables convergence and scalability (OSPF, RIP, static routes, ECMP, directly connected).
- Assess how to optimize network availability (vrrp, vsf, trunks, xstp, additional hardware redundancy)
Troubleshoot, repair, and replace Aruba solutions
- Troubleshoot switched and routed networks.
- Apply troubleshooting methodology.
- Use general troubleshooting tools.
- Perform troubleshooting methodology on the wired networks.
Manage, monitor, administer and operate Aruba solutions.
- Perform network management according to best practices.
- Perform Administrative tasks (Moves / Adds / Changes / Deletions) (Add new devices, VLAN assignment)